The Pros and Cons of Inexpensive Maternity Clothes
These days there are plenty of high street stores selling inexpensive maternity clothes, but are these really good value or is it better to spend a bit more to get good quality?
It’s always great to get a bargain but are maternity clothes an area where you should spend or save?
To help you decide here are some of the pros and cons of inexpensive maternity clothes:
Advantages of Inexpensive Maternity Clothes
- If your bump suddenly expands around the fourth month you may find you need a whole new wardrobe very quickly, especially if you are still working and need office gear as well as casual clothes. Choosing inexpensive maternity clothes means you can buy everything you need without breaking the bank.
- Another advantage of buying inexpensive maternity clothes is that you won’t feel too bad about chucking them out when your baby is born and you’re really sick of the sight of them. Many women can’t stand the thought of wearing their maternity clothes again after the birth.
- Some women find that their shape changes rapidly throughout pregnancy and they need to buy more maternity clothes than they expected. Something that seems perfect in month five might suddenly be useless in month seven, but if you’ve bought inexpensive maternity clothes they won’t have been a waste of money.
Disadvantages of Inexpensive Maternity Clothes
- Maternity clothes need to be hardwearing as they will be washed and worn continuously over a period of a few months. Inexpensive maternity clothes might not hold up to constant wear and tear as well as better quality pieces.
- Many women find that they feel insecure about their looks during pregnancy as they start to put on weight. Because of this it’s essential that you choose clothes that make you feel great so it may be worth spending a little more to find maternity clothes that boost your confidence.
- You may find that you don’t regain your shape immediately after the birth, and some women continue to wear their maternity clothes for a few weeks after baby is born. Buying higher quality maternity clothes should ensure they’re still good enough to wear postpartum when there’ll be endless mother and baby photos taken.
- Shopping for maternity clothes - The last couple of posts have been a bit on the serious side, so I thought I’d talk about one of the.....
- Pregnancy Week by Week: Weeks 14 to 17 - Congratulations you’ve reached the beginning of the second trimester! This is generally the most enj.....
- Maternity Insurance: Travelling While Pregnant - Many couples choose to take a holiday during the second trimester of pregnancy after the morning sic.....
- Pregnancy Week by Week: Weeks 5 to 8 - For most women, the second month is when they find out for sure that they really are pregnant. This .....
- Pregnancy Week by Week: Weeks 9 to 13 - During your third month you’ll certainly be feeling pretty pregnant, although you can probably still.....